Project Assistant Jobs In HBCSE, Sep 2012
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (TIFR), Mumbai hereby invites applicants for “Walk-in-interview
for position of Project Assistant for Chemistry Olympiad Cell to work in HBCSE.
1. Name of Post: Project Assistant
Number of Posts: 01
Maximum Age: Below 25 years. (Relaxable by a maximum of five years in deserving cases)
1. For Project Assistants with Master’s (M.Sc.) degrees – Rs. 10,000/- during the first year, Rs. 11,000/- during
the second year and Rs. 12,000/- during the third year + HRA 30% in lieu of Institute accommodation.
2. For Project Assistants with Bachelor’s (B.Sc.) degrees – Rs. 7,500/- during the first year, Rs. 8,500/- during
the second year and Rs. 9,500/- during the third year+ HRA 30% in lieu of Institute accommodation.
Qualification: Candidates with B. Sc. Or M. Sc. Degree in Chemistry with minimum 60% marks. The
candidate should have knowledge of software for word processing (e. g. Ms Word), Speed sheet (e.g. Ms Excel),
Presentation (e.g. Ms PowerPoint), Graphics (e.g. Corel, Photoshop, Illustration) and web designing etc.
The position is purely temporary, for one year in the first instance and extendable by one or two more years. A
consolidated honorarium will be paid as follows.
Nature of Job: The candidate will be dealing with areas of chemistry taught at junior college and
undergraduate level. The person will assist in organizational work in development and standardization of
challenging experiments in chemistry, in scientific data entry and in referencing scientific journals and
Areas of work:
1. Chemistry Olympiad – HBCSE is the national nodal centre for selection and training of students
for international Science Olympiads.
2. National Initiatives on Undergraduate Science (Olympiad Cell) – A project to promote research
in various subjects of science among undergraduate students.
Applicants must bring with them the following:
1) Application on plain paper giving full details such as Name, Date of
Birth, Full address with phone/mobile number and e-mail address (if any), Educational Qualification, experience, caste,
names and addresses of two referees (attach certificates from the referees) together with true copies of relevant certificates and testimonials duly attested, details of post applied for and Notice Number
2) The original certificates for verification.
3) One latest photograph.
4) Applicants in Govt. / Semi-Government / Public Sector undertakings /Autonomous body must bring No Objection Certificates from their reporting officer.
Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST are entitled for ordinary/Mail/Express second class return railway fare. This
concession is not admissible to those SC/ST candidates who are already in Central/State Govt. service.
Date & Time of Interview: Monday, September 24, 2012;Time: 9.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m
Venue: Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, T.I.F.R., (Next to Anushaktinagar Bus Terminus), V. N. Purav Marg,
Mankhurd, Mumbai 400 088. To reach the Centre you may come by train to Mankhurd (Harbour Line) or take BEST Bus
routes, 21 Ltd. from Dadar (E), 92 Ltd. or 521 Ltd. from Dadar (W), 360 from Kurla or 352 from Sion.
More Details: http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/advt/chemistry.pdf